|Expanding Our Paradigm of Empowered Birth
|Birth Power Week. You can find more artwork to print and share here!
|March in a parade with your local birth network, breastfeeding
friends or mothering groups. ( You can raise awareness this way
Have a demonstration or free talk at a local library.
Make your own artwork like the one above to publicize this
event- use photoshop, crayons, paint or craft!
Display your artwork in the windows of your car, on your desk at
work, in the windows of your house - anywhere you can!
Make and publish a youtube video.
Have a video contest.
Blog about it. Ask your readership to com up with ideas for
promoting, or ask your readers to *do* something for this week.
Re-share a blog, photo, or post about empowered birth during
Create a poster or a lawn sign to put out for this week. Use your a
lawn sign to raise awareness about empowered birth choices.
- Post one of the pieces of artwork above as your Facebook
profile picture for the week. Ask your friends if they would
be willing to do the same!
- Ask your readers to talk about empowered birth and share
their stories, photos and videos.
Plan a celebration or picnic with your local groups or
(midwives and doulas) invite your past clients. Make it a fund
raiser for your favorite non profit! (We love Birthing the Future &
Human Rights in Childbirth, and Improving Birth.)
Join with birthworkers in your area create an event at a local park.
- Use the local community news, facebook, etc., to publicize
- March in a parade holding signs which inform and inspire
mothers. End at a restaurant to fund raiser for your favorite
organization or individual.
- Write a press release and e-mail, call, fax it to your local
newspapers. (click here for a WikiHow guide to writing a
- Invite mothers to tell their empowered birth stories.
- Have a question and answer period for the public.
- Promote your own free class!
- Gather to tell and share empowered birth stories.
|Remember to hashtag us at #BirthPowerWeek
What you can do now...
What you can do during
Birth Power week...
Ideas for promoting Birth Power week